Sunday 19 October 2014

The horse that saved me!

The group presentation: one of the most difficult to master; but the best to experience. Nobody famous actually said that. It’s just me. Now let me get someone who is famous to start my sentence: Julius Caesar said “experience is the teacher of all things”, and yes; he is right.

I will not speak about how I will end and summarize what my team mates have said about their presentation. I will not deal into the facts whether it is fun to play sepak raga; but I will say that the experience I get working with others in delivering this presentation is the worth of gold if it can be weighed.

Honestly speaking, in my opinion, I was on the brink of a panic attack. Handling the blog for its coming deadline, the coming assessments (which I have not the time to study) and the presentation on the same day was never a good deal. I kept sleeping quite late just to make sure that I have got everything and left nothing.

I have learned that a mixed ability class does not only exist in a class, but it exists in everything. Working together, finding the right time just to meet is one hurdle that we need to overcome. We could never get everyone to be at the same table after class, so we opt for Whatsapp. How it has connected us, as difficult as it may seem, we managed.

Sunday was just a full day in the library. The previous teams had set the bar quite high. They carried out their presentations successfully: and that made us wanted to do more. We cannot be the last team presenting and let the others forget us. We need to be better. We need to do more. We had more. We had too much on our plate; making the “kuda kepang”, the accessories for the princess of Gunung Ledang just to ensure that the Mondays are in the race as much as them. The “kuda kepang” or kepang horse symbolizes freedom. The first stroke I took lining out the body of the beast gave me the freedom I personally think is THE move to break my panic attack, and it has done wonders.


…And I guess it is not just about the freedom of the kepang horse, it is also about the dominant baboon. Woohoo!

MOHD IZRUL BIN ZAINUDDIN
SLIM RIVER VOCATIONAL COLLEGE

1 comment:

  1. Everyone did a very good job!
    Too little time, too many things...
    But, everyone survived!

    ReplyDelete