Monday 13 October 2014

Day 1 Session 1 ( Wednesday, 8 October 2014, 11 - 12.30pm)

Food Service

"Knowledge isn't power until it is applied."
- Dale Carnegie

Having teaching English in polytechnic for almost 7 years, I often find it difficult to ask my students not only to learn English, but also to use and apply it whenever they can.

After completing the first session with Katie, I felt really grateful that I'm part of the ETTP. Through a series of activities and input given by Katie on  differentiation and CLIL, it helps me to generate different dimension of ideas that I could use and apply in the subject that I'm teaching currently. 
Meanwhile, understanding students' differences and needs are another challenges that we as an educator need to aim to achieve.



Personally, I feel that it's rather important that we need to start to develop and provide multiple pathways for our students in English learning; a more student-talking-time learning environment that attends to the learning needs of a particular or a small group of students, rather than teaching a class as though all individual in it were basically alike.
I'm looking forward to the remaining sessions throughout the training. Through the sharing with trainers and you, my fellow colleagues, I truly believe that we will learn something useful that will motivate and help us to improve our teaching in the classroom.


"Learning is an active process. We learn by doing. Only knowledge that is used sticks in your mind."
- Dale Carnegie

Wong Tee Wei
Kuching Polytechnic




No comments:

Post a Comment