Wednesday 15 October 2014

Day 2 Session 2 (Thursday, 9 October 2014, 11-12.30pm)

Planning a lesson or a series of lessons by Peter

Lesson plan is a series of lesson that the teacher or lecturer plan before entering the class. This is a preparation for the teacher or lecturer to deal with their lesson on a particular day.
In Malaysian education nowadays, it has been a habit for teachers to plan their lesson after the have finished their class. This is not the main purpose of a lesson plan where it should be done before a teacher starts his/her class.

Learning how to write a good lesson plan by Peter on the second day of this course has given me some refreshment on what I usually did during my teacher training six years ago. Surprisingly, I never write my lesson plan since then. The only time that I write my lesson plan was when I am going to be observed by my superior. In my institution that is Community College we do have a Semester Teaching Plan where we plan our lesson according to the syllabus before a new semester starts. But this will sum-up the entire lesson that we need to finish in 26 hours of learning time.



Peter taught us on what a good lesson plan should have. The content of the lesson plan should help you in determine your lesson for your students. In CLIL contexts, it is important to plan your lesson because you might have mix abilities students in your class and you need to differentiate them to cater for their needs. Peter also gave us example of CLIL Lesson Plan for the subjects History, Geography and Science. It was good because we can compare the three lesson plans and try to implement it into our own lesson in our institution.
For me, this slot about planning a lesson and writing a lesson plan is good refreshment for us, teachers who have been teaching for more than five years and has forget on how to write a good lesson plan. It gives us the ideas that writing a lesson plan before you start your class is important as it will guide you throughout your lesson.

Farhana binti Anaspekri

Kolej Komuniti Kuantan 

No comments:

Post a Comment